Sunday 24 June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/kerry.gilroy.3

https://twitter.com/kerrylgilroyy

So two days ago i had my last A level exam and left school forever, and now that i don't have to sit at home procrastinating and thinking that i probably should do some revision or something, i decided to start this blog as i start this new chapter in my life. As of two days ago, i officially started my gap year and what will be one of the most exciting adventures of my life! 
In exactly two months and two days, i will officially become an adult, and take on a huge amount of responsibility for my own life- i'll be working full time, paying rent, running a car (hopefully), keeping in contact with friends who are going away to university, and raising enough money for my three months volunteering in South Africa in April 2013 :)



10 facts about me:
- i am a cheerleader for Crimson Heat Tigers senior team and i coach the youth level 1 team
Year 13 Leavers Ball

- i'm a black belt in karate

- i am really OCD about plug suckets being left on with nothing plugged in


- i change my hair colour like every month

- i have an unhealthy obsession with the lion king, dont diss

- i try to see the good in everyone but there's nothing i hate more than people who say one thing and mean another

- curry is the best food in the world. ever.

- i have a genuinely horrific phobia of the sea, i literally cannot even put my toe in it

- i think my cat is possessed by the devil


- i sneeze silently



Of all the things in my life, the one thing I love more than anything else in the world is cheerleading. I say it alot but Crimson Heat is my rock, it helps me when I fall and pushes me to be a better person, in and out of the gym. The tigers in the youth team have taught me the importance of being a good role model to younger athletes, and that it's not what you take, but what you leave behind that defines greatness. My coach and teammates inspire me to push myself physically and mentally, help me to overcome any issues and tumbling blocks and support me and everyone else when there's a problem that needs to be solved. Crimson Heat is more than just a programme, we are a family. A ring or a trophy is material, but the love for the team is the greatest thing you will ever gain from cheerleading.

it's not about what you got. it's what you make of what you got.
These are some of my favourite moments so far in my cheer career:


proud coaches with youth and junior trophies from Future Cheer Winter Wonderland 2011


that moment when a stunt sequence isnt hard anymore >


the crimson family on a conditioning weekend in wales


winning grand champs with the girl i swear is my long lost twin...

crimson heat design new training kits (snowman socks are compulsory)

this girl, Megan Maynard/a poodle at ICC Nationals >>>
watching this team grow up into amazing people is humbling and inspiring

im sorry but, we are literally tigers, wot u sayin
crimson heat youth level 1 are ICC 2012 National Champions!!


FUTURE CHEER INTERNATIONALS 2012 COUNTDOWN: 6 Days

be inspired, be inspiring x

No comments:

Post a Comment